Monday, March 26, 2007

Running, Computers and Feet (a quick update)

Running: Had a nice 5K run today. I set the Garmin up for 33 min or a 10:38 min/mile pace. Was a bit slower - did it in 34:04 min, about a 10:58 pace with avg heart rate of 163 bpm. I also felt tired today, kind of like I did at mile 2 and 3 of the 10K. I wonder if I am not eating the right energy foods before the run.

Computer: Motherboard for my computer still not in today. Will be a few more days before I get my computer back! I can blog but can't do audio editing (sigh!). Hopefully some news soon.

Feet: My foot was pretty sore after the 10K - it hurt later that day (I ended up icing it) and it was a bit sore the next day. I wore the "sock" last night and it felt basically the same as it does when I don't wear the sock (keeps foot bent so tendon remains stretched at night). I will need to discuss this with my PT tomorrow.

Life: Busy and I am feeling like I am not doing something that is fundamentally important....time for a cup of hot tea and quiet time to ponder. You will hear lots of sounds from my camping trip in the next podcast, many of them bird sounds. I think I need some time to listen to the birds in my back yard!

So, that my quick update in a nutshell. Sending upbeat, happy running vibes to all of you. Run / or relax well!! :-)

5 comments:

Maddy said...

Seems like a nice run you had. It was a beautiful day.

What are you eating before you run?

MarathonChris said...

Actually I didn't eat anything before yesterday's run. Last thing I ate was lunch - ham and cheese sandwich and corn chips (mmmmm).

Before the race I had a piece of toast with peanut butter.

It could be the bread....

Before my longer runs I try to do a Cliff Shot - but not for the shorter ones. Perhaps I will try that next time.

ShirleyPerly said...

I always try to eat a light snack about an hour before working out. If you hadn't eaten for a couple hours, your blood sugar may have been low causing you to feel fatigued during your 5K yesterday.

Hope the MB is there soon. See you tomorrow!

Maddy said...

The race picture of you tearing up Park Avenue is AWESOME!

MarathonChris said...

Yes, that picture is one of the better ones I have had in a race. Wish they had caught my daughter but they missed her. :-)