Saturday, March 17, 2007

Busy Life and a Return to Epcot


(Picture: My approach to the finish line of the Disney Marathon after running through Epcot)

Wow I feel like I have really been away from my blog (and everyone else's). I have tried to at least be reading them.

Things have been a bit busy. After our return from camping, I had to return to work, but things also got busy in the evenings. Today, to wrap up the kid's spring break, we went to Epcot. I hadn't been there since I was running the last mile of my marathon in January. And it all came back to me. I looked down the walkway and could remember running there.

By the end of today, my feet felt similar as well :-) - lots of walking. The heel held out OK. And it was a really nice visit to the park - not too crowded (which is what I was worried about). Disney is no fun when it is loaded with people. We didn't feel rushed and didn't stand in too many lines. The kids had a great time with the Kidcot activities. They get to decorate a mask and at each country they get a stamp on the handle and a "charm" to hang from it. They really enjoyed having their names written on the back in Chinese and Japanese. We had dinner in Germany and enjoyed the show there. We also got a chance to ride on Soarin', probably the toughest ride to get on at Epcot. We got fast passes when we arrived this morning (around 9:30 am) and came back at 1:00pm for our ride. By then, they had given out all the fast passes for the entire day.

Phew! I have more material for the podcast which I am hoping to get out sometime in the next week, so be on the lookout.

Running has been going well! So far this week I have run 14 miles and I am planning a 5-6 mile long run tomorrow. Next Saturday is the Winter Park Road Race - a 10K! I don't expect to set a PR there but just plan to enjoy the race! Maybe Maddy and I can hook up there! It is so great to be back on the road again!

Run strong everyone!!

6 comments:

Maddy said...

I'm so happy you're back on the road!

I will know in a few days if I'll be at the Winter Park Road Race.

I'll let you know as soon as I find out!

We're headed to Sarasota sometime on Saturday for a Christening Sunday morning.

I hope I can make it!

Petraruns said...

Hey Chris, I've been hearing about your blog in Phedippidations and through Adam Tinkoff and Terry and Nigel - and finally checked it out today. Wow! You have come so far! Well done. I can completely agree with you on how training for a marathon can chance your outlook on life - I am truly a different person since I became a runner 4 years ago.. Keep it up - I'll be checking in..

Susan said...

Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

ShirleyPerly said...

Look forward to seeing you this weekend at WP race and hearing your next podcast soon. Run happy :-)

Petraruns said...

Hey Chris - well done on doing a podcast. I've loaded it up on my iPod for this afternoon's long run and will give you some feedback and votes on my return. Can I link to your blog from mine? Happy trails and keep going,
Petra

MarathonChris said...

Petra - feel free to link my blog. I would like to add your link on my blog as well! :-)