Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hotel Treadmill Running - Part Deux



Well here I am, back in Virginia but this time in a different hotel. This treadmill gives me 99 minutes plus 2 for warm down. I worked late last night after getting up early - so I slept in today....my run was going to be what I could get in after work.

So I got on the treadmill (one of 4) and started my run. Seems like I can run forever on a treadmill. I ran and ran - watched 3 different people start and end their treadmill run in the 101 min I was there....

The results were super! I ran 8 miles in 88:30 min. The first time I have finished 8 miles in under an hour and a half in a long time. Then in the time I had left I finished another mile - hitting 9 miles in just over 99 min. I am sure the hotel folks thought I was crazy, running on a treadmill for over an hour and a half. It felt really good, though! I felt like I ran away lots of the stress I have accumulated in working long hours and being away from home.

Overall a good mid-week run. Tomorrow I head home for a few days before returning again on Sunday afternoon. I will be staying in yet another hotel...(sigh).

No digestive / fainting issues - slightly sore shin (yes left side, all my aches are on that side).

Run on....

5 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Hey Chris,

Thanks for handling things for Dave while he's in Germany. I'm so glad to hear that you had a good TM run and no major problems.

Aloha!

Maddy said...

Nice run.

See, the treadmill isn't so bad...

Maybe I'll see you at the airport on
Sunday. I'm flying out Sunday afternoon also.

Susan said...

Excellent on all fronts! Go girl!

Mike said...

I didn't know that you were on Twitter! I'm pcrobot.

G said...

Hey Chris. In many of your posts, you mention taking our camera along with you. Do you keep it in a fanny pack? If co, what brand, size, etc. I am looking for a nice compact fanny pack for my camera. One that won't let my sweat kill the camera