Thursday, December 07, 2006

Good morning, Sunshine!

With all the hours I have been working - I had turned to sleeping in and running midday as a break from my computer. But, today, I got up early (5:45 am) and got outside for my 8 mile run.

At first I wasn't thrilled to be up so early....I had gotten out of that habit! But as I ran along, and the sky grew brighter to the east until the sun poked through, I realized how much I missed the morning - and saying good morning to all the other runners, walkers and HS kids walking to school.

Today I had a nice running temp (upper 50's) - and Garmin did a marvelous job! My heart rate was not as high as on the hot humid race I ran. Overall, a great run - 1:29:29 - an 11:15 pace.

1 comment:

Susan said...

WOW!!!!! That just sounds GREAT. What a morning.

I have never tried running mid-day... and I don't have it in me to run after work. So, it's always early morning for me.

I am SUPER nervous for my 20-miler tomorrow. How do you do it?

I am supposed to be mentioned on today's Dump Runners Club podcast!!!!