Saturday, August 04, 2007

It has been awhile....


Just after finishing my 16 mile run at La Jolla Cove.

I don't believe I have gone this long without updating my blog. And I STILL am working on the next episode of Running Adventures. But as many of my running friends can relate to, life has been very busy. I had been spending quite a bit of time writing my blog and reading other blogs and working on two different podcasts. I really needed to spend more of my evenings with the family. So I took a break to spend time with the kids and hubby and it has been great.

Marathon training is in full swing so sleep is as important as ever. I still am not great at getting to bed early - but I'm working on that. Being in San Diego for a week threw me off. I wish I could get up as early as Susan! 3:45 am??? I struggle to get up a 6 am! I also have the issue of hot, humid weather - so early runs are essential!

Tomorrow is my 18 miler - the first in a series of "monster" runs leading up to my marathon. My husband is going with me and is going to follow me on the bike. I am going to do an out and back on the Cross Seminole Trail starting and ending in Oviedo. Today I am preparing for the run, including getting ice for the ice bath afterwards! I think Maddy was going to run 18 today. Hope that went well!

In general my training has been going ok, but I felt really drained this week. I missed a run on Wed because I wasn't feeling well (actually I missed both Wed runs) but I ran 8 miles on Thursday as a make up. That run felt great! On Friday I didn't run because I decided I would take 2 days off before the big run on Sunday. I did about half a weight training session on Tuesday but just didn't have the energy to finish it. I didn't do a second strength training this week - so strength training is really off for the past few weeks. I will work to get that back into the routine next week.


Wall on the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla.

I will leave you with a few more shots from the 16 miler in La Jolla. I will check back in after tomorrow's run. Run strong everyone!!!



Running on the beach is O K


Along the way, some dog refreshment!


Not taken during the run, but on a return visit to the beach at the end of the day. I love sunset's!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Beautiful! Just gorgeous!

I agree; sleep is ultra important these days. With the extreme temperatures and the need to get up way, way before dawn, the shift to going to sleep earlier is proving to be a chore. But I am doing it! And napping whenever I get a chance!