Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rest is good



Today I slept in and I didn't run. My heel thanked me all day long by not hurting. The rest of me was happy not to be dragging at 2 pm. It was a good day.

I can't help but think that if I had just given myself an extra day after that really long run, I would have come back better. Pushing myself so soon after running nearly 19 miles really wore me thin. Next long run, I will take at least 2 days to recover.

I will also resist the urge to run before my 3 day break is up. My body will thank me next week. Besides, it is my anniversary weekend (16 years) and we have some fun things planned.

Today's picture is compliments of a North Carolina hike we made during vacation! What a RESTful place :-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wise decision to take more rest. It looked like you have been overdoing a bit?! I do not know whether you are familiar with the podcasts of Steve Runner? I can recommend his shows see: http://www.steverunner.com/podcast.htm
and especially show nr. 6 which is called: the importance of rest.

Run strong!
Frank

Susan said...

Sounds great - very wise. Happy Anniversary!