Thursday, May 10, 2007

Headed North and a Running Update

Tomorrow is my dad's 70th birthday, so to celebrate the occasion, my siblings (there are 6 of us total) along with our respective families, are descending upon my father's town for a little get together. His hometown: Swanton, Vermont. This town is the last exit off the interstate before entering Canada!

I am traveling with my two daughters while my husband holds down the fort. This will be a fun, short trip (leaving Fri returning Sun), and I plan to take the iRiver along so who knows, you may hear more about this little adventure before long! :-)

Running this week has been great. I didn't get a long run in on Sunday since my younger daughter and I spent the entire day walking around Seaworld and I didn't want to push it with my heel. Monday I ran 4.14 miles in 45:54 min - about an 11:05 min/mi pace, fighting 15-20 mph headwinds on the way back. Tuesday I did a short run with my daughter around the block a few times for 1.4 miles. I also did weight training and about 15 min on the elliptical! Wed I ran 5.2 miles in 57:30 min, an 11:03 pace. It was pretty smoky due to the area fires. For that reason I skipped running this morning (Thurs)and opted to run a bit with my daughter later in the day during my younger daughter's soccer practice. The smoke seems to clear later in the day. I felt so good that when I got home I ran a fast 3.14 miler in 33:07, a 10:32 min/mi pace! My heel is aching a bit today for that fast run, but I am taking a couple days off so it should recover well.

I am going to try to get my long run in on Sunday but it will depend on when we get back from Vermont and how I am feeling.

So have a great weekend everyone! I will be back online on Sunday evening :-)

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Have fun and be safe Chris.

ShirleyPerly said...

Have a great trip, Chris. I'll listen to your latest podcast this weekend.

Susan said...

The best, most scenic vacation I ever took was to Vermont! I stayed at a B&B with two girlfriends (many years ago) in Brandon, VT. Enjoy yourself, Miss Speedy Runner!

Irish Blue said...

Have a good trip Chris. Sounds like an adventure.

Kyle said...

I hope you had a great trip! I heard about the fires making things smoky down there in FL. There's been a few fires here in CA but they have managed to keep them under control.