Friday, November 28, 2008

Back on the Road....sort of

Went on my first run since San Antonio and my illness. Went with hubby and saw Dave and Shirley biking by!

3.09 miles in 37:45. It was a tough run. My heart rate started at 80 bpm (usually not a good sign) and quickly rose. And on the way home, the call of nature hit! I hate that feeling on a run. Now that I am back I don't feel that great.

I will take tomorrow off and see how I feel on Sunday. My heart and mind want to run again but my body is not quite ready! I am suffering from that feeling of my training getting far behind and fear of not being ready for Disney....but I think I still have time to be ready.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dont get too down on yourself. stay positive..take the day off and enjoy...you WILL be ready for Disney.

Tammy said...

Hang in there sister, just take your time, I had almost 2 1/2 months off... what a bummer it was trying to get back on the road but now I'm doing better and slowly getting back into the swing of things. Your body is just telling you need to rest a bit before jumping back. I feel like I've never lost my miles and my timing came back in a 2 or 3 weeks. (just haven't attempted to do anylong runs yet) it's been 6 weeks since my surgery and I'm back

Susan said...

You're plenty ready for Disney! Now rest up. Welcome back!

ShirleyPerly said...

The best thing you can do is get recovered. You had a lot of fitness going into the San Antonio race and much of it will be there still once you are better. Great to see you & Jim this weekend!