It has been a busy week....so much has been going on! Here are the highlights:
1. Walt Disney World Runner Tracking: Once again Disney is going to allow you to track runners. In the past this has not always worked so well with delivery of the emails coming hours later. But if you want to give it a go you can sign up to track me at this link. If you don't know my full name, email me and I will send it to you.
2. Taper Madness: Yes I have been going through this a bit. After an exhausting 16 miler a couple of weeks ago and a difficult 5 miler after that, I had an incredibly tough 12.5 miler on Sunday. I had to walk nearly the entire last 2 miles and my heart rate was hitting the 90% at around 6 miles (and I was trying to run slow). Tomorrow I am going to brave the Florida "cold" and try for a shorter run. Hopefully I won't feel like I am going to die like I have lately.
3. Marathon goals: For Disney my goals are a bit different from what I have been thinking: a) Finish the marathon with my husband b) Beat 5 hours 30 min.
Dream goal: Beat 5 hours. Given the way I have been running lately - I am thinking I may not make the 5 hour goal time. But who knows....I may have a lucky day. I am trying to rest up and eat well.
4. 2008 Goals: Well, I have to put thought into that....I shall post some goals this weekend. Most of my thoughts have been get through Disney, rest up, then move forward with a plan :-)
5. Happy New Year: We hosted a very fun party at our place on New Year's Eve (following 3 days of preparation). We didn't have the crowd we hoped for but the fireworks were great. You can check it out below. I made the clip using my new digital camera and edited using Windows Movie Maker.
Happy New Year Everyone! Here's to great running in 2008!