Sunday, January 13, 2008

Preliminary Report - We finished!



Check out the super secret 15th anniversary hardware....

My husband and I finished the marathon together in 5:35:16. More details later but some factors in race finish:

1 - Weather - very humid throughout and later warm - some folks believed it felt warmer than last year. No rain (I would have liked a shower or two).

2 - I lost steam fairly early - well before mile 10.

3 - Husband began having knee troubles around mile 8, started to get worse around 11. He pushed through and survived - walking much of the last 2 miles. Right now he has it on ice.

Thank you everyone for your incredible support!!!! It WAS a magical day! More details (read that as "really long") race report later.

10 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Look forward to hearing the details. That medal looks much better than previous ones.

Zen Runner said...

Congrats and enjoy the well deserved rest - and plenty of ice cream therapy. I was out running this morning in the humidity of Fort Myers and couldn't imagine how you guys were managing though the sticky heat. Awesome job and well done both. Look forward to the full report. Love the bling blang. Wear it proudly.

Susan said...

5:35 -- I'll take it!

That medal is feakin' awesome! And Chasen just came in and agreed. He said you are Marathon Minnie!!!! (as in mouse)

Now I want to do that one.

Maddy said...

Sorry we weren't there in person. What a fantastic job! Congratulations! I love the medal. The Half Marathon wasn't super secret this year.

I'm looking forward to your detailed report

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...You are an inspiration to me and my running. I hope to run in my first 1/2 marathon this year.

Kimberly

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a neat looking medal...

MYancey said...

Congratulations Chris!! I'm looking forward to reading your full report and hearing your comments on the next TEM. Job well done!

Irish Blue said...

Congrats to you and your hubby!! Relax and enjoy your recovery.

Looking forward to the long report.

Jamie said...

Great job guys, and I agree - that medal is awesome! You both deserve it!

Mike said...

'Grats! I will have to read your race report when I get the chance!

Your medal looks awesome!