Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Still Kicking!!!



I have some great pics/video to share from Seattle...but have been too busy to blog this week. And don't you know it, even Twitter is down tonight! But I have the picture above that I took with my good camera while on the ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge Island.

I just finished 5 miles on the treadmill, which is usually quite boring except a co-worker of mine decided to come in and hop on the elliptical machine beside me. It was like running with someone but without worrying about how fast I was going. It made miles 3-5 go really quick!!! It was a really good run :-)

This is week two of my training for the San Antonio Marathon on November 16th. I am a bit behind because of vacation - but thankfully I had a good base before vacation so I expect to catch up quickly. My eight miler this weekend was really rough....but I am hoping for a better 9-10 miler on Sunday this week. I am following a slightly modified Hal Higdon Intermediate II which will help me adjust to running on Sat and Sun in preparation for the Goofy Race and Half in January.

In the unpacking from vacation I lost track of my iRiver. When I find it I will combine some old files for a podcast, hopefully in the next week or so. I also have more traveling adventures coming up. Next week, I will be in McLean, Va for a couple of days to teach a class and the following week I have a quick one day trip up to Ft. Monmouth, NJ to attend a presentation. On August 14th I head to Sierra Vista, AZ to my brother's wedding. Nothing planned after that for now.....at least not until October (sister's wedding) and November (the marathon!). I see more treadmill running in my future I'm afraid.

Everyone's training seems to be going really well!!!! You Chicago marathon folks are kicking butt out there :-)

5 comments:

Road Warrior said...

I'm so glad you got to go to Bainbridge Island. That's the place in the world where I'm happiest.

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, a jacket on in the summer! I'm sure it must have been nice to be out west escaping the heat & humidity.

I've started to run with the group that meets at Cady Way on Saturday mornings. If you want, I can forward you the distances and times they meet. However, I probably won't run with them this weekend until I'm sure my hammy can hang with them.

Susan said...

You are quite the traveler!!!

I can't wait for you to find your iriver.

Tammy said...

I would kill to wear a jacket it's been so hot here LOL. This morning was alot fun, I ran in the rain for the first time, it felt sooooo goood. Good Luck on the training, your a great motivater Thanks sister. (HOpe you find your iriver soon)

Maddy said...

You're on a US tour this summer! I hope we'll have an opportunity to run together some this summer!

I have some really long ones coming up!

Safe Travels to Virginia!