Thursday, May 15, 2008

Introducing my Little Sister - Tammy the Runner

My sister Tammy has been following my blog and comments every now and then - but off line she and I have been talking about her getting back into running. Unlike yours truly (who never really seriously ran until age 39), Tammy ran track in HS. I encouraged her to (re)start up running and to start a blog so she could keep track of her progress and benefit from a kind community of folks who can relate to where she is and encourage her along the way.

Her blog is called On My Way. If you have a moment, pop on over and give her a word of encouragement. She and I are talking about doing a half marathon together this fall on the road to her first marathon!

Welcome, Tammy, to the running blogosphere!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Cool beans! I am headed her way now.

ShirleyPerly said...

Hooray for getting family members active and blogging! I'll drop by there now.

lizzie lee said...

will do. Definitely a blog makes a world of difference. You feel committed to a running world. You don't want to make up excuses. You wanna share your good and bad moments. But the most wonderful thing of all, is the amount of friends you meet throughout the journey...

Tammy, welcome!!!!!!

Tammy said...

Thank you first for inspiring me to do this, I've always wanted to do this for the longest time. Thank you for the encouragement and tips to help me get started. Chris, San Antonio looks so cool, it looks like I'm gonna have to do this. :D. at least the 1/2 marathon, and I have plenty of time to practice. Im so excited LIVE BANDS HOW COOL, maybe I convince my girls band to join in.

Tammy said...

Hey sister, I've made so many comments LOL. The weather is just perfect for running, in the 50's and 60's. What a change. If you can please forward me again the information for Rock and Roll Marathon in San Antonio, for me it's sounding more and more like I'm going. I'll let you know when I sign up. (hopefully very soon have to check w/the finance commitee LOL) IT would be so fun to do a race together.

Unknown said...

Great job, now if I could my siblings to take up running....or at the very least my wife.