Friday, March 26, 2010

Running in Monterey


At the turnaround point of my Monterey Peninsula run.

Last week while on a business trip to Monterey, CA I got a chance to get a couple of runs in on the Monterey Peninsula Trail. I was staying on Wave St. along Cannery Row so the trail was a half block from the hotel - basically right across the street.

Running west, the cement trail turns to asphalt and dirt, then entirely dirt trail - following the shoreline.

On my first run, I went 2.5 miles in this direction before turning around for my return and took a few pictures and a video along the way.


My second run was in the easterly direction toward Fisherman's Wharf - less trail and more cement but interesting sights anyway!

The temperatures were quite cool (almost cold) with temps in the mid to upper 50s and breezy. It felt great in my short sleeves while running - but once I stopped running I had to quickly get inside and warm up.

After my second run, I quickly drove over to the other side of the peninsula to catch a beautiful CA sunset!


It is good to be home, but I will certainly miss running along the beach!

14 comments:

Running Diva Mom said...

All i can say is .... WOW!!!!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Thanks for the photos and video!! I remember that rec trail well having run on it many times when I lived in Monterey. Glad you had a chance to get out and run whle you were there!

lizzie lee said...

Indeed. It is delicious, that breeze and I love the smell of the ocean. And, true, 50's are great temp to run, but once you stop you need to change very quick....

小生 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marathon Maritza said...

GORGEOUS! I need to get down to Monterey soon!

Glad you got some beautiful runs and sights in there :)

Petraruns said...

Sorry I've been away - but wow what a beautiful run! Gorgeous out there - lucky you for running there.

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Wow! i just happened accross yoru blog and Monterey!! I love Monterey! I lived there for 2 years and just recently went back in Nov. I ran that same trail! It is gorgeous! Sure makes you want to just run all the time!! Thanks for sharing the pics and video, makes me homesick for Monty!

MarathonChris said...

Cool! I love trails like that in California for running! And the trail in Monterey was very cool. I was glad I stayed nearby!

lizzie lee said...

Ok, girl we need you back to blogging. I know you have been totally dedicated to studying, but I am happy to see you ran a nice long run last weekend.

Donna sounds like a total POSSIBILITY... It will be 3 months after NY... let's talk about it!!!

zbsports said...

Nice place to run with...Hope I can be there to that place and have some run...

Unknown said...

Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done
===============
seo projects

zbsports said...

Nice post and run. Amazing experience there!!!

CharieT said...

Very nice track and beautiful pictures. If you'd like a running companion as i like to call them check out my Garmin Forerunner Review , would be great!
Cheers!

Comparador de seguros médicos said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself? Plz reply back as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know wheere u got this from. thanks