Saturday, February 06, 2010

Husky Trot 5K


It was a beautiful sunny morning with temps around 55 deg F for today's Husky Trot 5K. This is the 5th running of this race to raise money for my daughter's HS athletic department.

Since my daughter hasn't been training at all, I set my watch to beep once a minute and we ran 2 min and walked 1 min for the 3.1 miles. The last .1 mile is on the school track where you finish by running through the inflatable Husky.

We had a great time chatting and running together! We finished in 37:31 min.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, looks like you and Carolyn had a ton of fun.. I can't believe she's as tall as you now! Way to go you are a true inspiration.

MarathonChris said...

Oh, and check out the reuse of race numbers....Daughter wore a race number from last year's UCF 5 Miler and I wore a number from the Reindeer run 5K.

lizzie lee said...

How lovely Chris. My best races and the ones I will never forget are those I've done w/my daughter... It is an amazing feeling...

MarathonChris said...

Lizzie - it's better than a PR!

Kitzzy said...

How cool!

ShirleyPerly said...

Interesting about the race number reuse. Glad you two had fun. It was a chilly day for bike riding but great for running, I'm sure.

小生 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.