Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Running Again and Off to San Diego


My new wheels!

The good news is that I am back on the road again, albeit about 3 days a week. I got a 6 mile run in last Sun after running 3 last Sat! I have decided to run the Winter Park Road Race on March 14th - not for a PR, but just to finish and have fun. My husband will be running the event and my daughter will run the 2 miler.

It feels good to be out running again.

My one remaining grad school class is going well....maintaining a high A average.

And I am enjoying my new wheels. On the last day of January, I bought a 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ. Coolest feature: Bluetooth phone connection to my cell. Next coolest: Remote start. And finally something you don't think a Floridian would appreciate - heated seats!

Tomorrow I am off on a 2 day trip to San Diego. I hope to sneak in a run while there!

Enjoy your running adventures!

6 comments:

Maddy said...

Nice wheels! Darrell's car has heated seats and I use them year round. I wish I had that feature in my car...

Safe travels to San Diego. I hope you're able to get a run in! I'll miss you by two weeks. I hope you do get that run in while you're there!

Susan said...

Beautiful car! I love my heated seats. I don't know how I ever lived without them. Remote start, too!

Congrats on the scholastics. You deserve it!

Unknown said...

How cool is it to get to run with your husband and your daughter. I have run one race with my 5 year old and my wife ran a race with me this winter (as a Christmas gift). Two of the best races I have EVER run.

Marathon Maritza said...

Congrats on your new ride, I LOVE the color!!!!

And my car has bluetooth connection too...isn't it awesome?????

ShirleyPerly said...

All these cold snaps have been making me wish I had heated seats. I'm envious!!

Have a good trip. If you're in SD mid June with Dave, maybe we can run together.

Tammy said...

Wow we could use the heated seats here LOL. It's finally getting a bit warmer, it will be in the 60's this weekend. There is still snow on the ground from our big storm on Monday we almost got a foot of snow. But the warmer weather will feel great and melt it all away.